Emergency Housing and Utility Assistance Program
The COVID-19 City of Hesperia Emergency Housing and Utility Assistance Program (EHUAP) will provide emergency rental, mortgage, and utility assistance grants, up to $6,000, to income-eligible households economically impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic through job loss, furlough or reduction in hours or pay, residing in the City of Hesperia.
EHUAP grants are rental, mortgage, or utility payments made on behalf of income-eligible households to pay for past, current or future rent for a maximum period of three (3) months as a result of the economic downturn during the COVID-19 pandemic. Assistance will not be paid directly to households; rather, the financial assistance will be paid directly to the bona fide mortgage company, landlord/property management agent and/or utility company.
The pre-application period for round one is now closed. If additional funds are still available after round one funding has been completed the City of Hesperia will re-open the program for a second round.
For questions related to the application process or your pre-application after the 7 business days please contact Herica Sanchez at CVhousing@cityofhesperia.us or (909)784-1451
Emergency Business Assistance Program
The COVID-19 Emergency Business Assistance Program (EBAP) will provide grant assistance to micro- and small-businesses adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as limited assistance to micro-businesses not impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Please contact April Antonio at email@example.com or (760)947-1909 for more information
The EBAP program will provide grants up to $25,000 to microenterprises (With five or fewer employees including the owner) that were adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (a limited amount of funding is available for microbusinesses not impacted by COVID-19 and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis).
Small Business Assistance
The EBAP program will provide grants up to $35,000 to small businesses (6 or more employees including the owner) that were adversely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To qualify as an eligible business, the business must meet the following criteria:
- Business owner’s family income is less than 80% area median income
- Business is located within the city boundaries
- Owner is 18 years or older
- At time of application, business must be in good-standing with the City, have a valid business license, no pending health or code enforcement matters proceeding and not delinquent in the payment of any business license fees or taxes owed the city
- Business was adversely impacted because of the COVID-19 pandemic and can provide supporting documentation illustrating the impact
- Certification that the business has neither received nor will seek other grants, loans, or other assistance from any private, local, state, or federal funding source for the same use as identified in the program application
- Businesses located outside the City of Hesperia boundaries
- Nonprofit entities
- Passive businesses (i.e., rental property or other business in which one does not actively participate)
- Government organizations
- Businesses that limit patrons to 18 and older (including gaming, liquor, tobacco and marijuana dispensary establishments)
- Manufacturing businesses (only on small business, not applicable to microenterprise business)
- Federally or State debarred businesses
To begin the EBAP pre-application process CLICK HERE
The pre-application period for this program will be open until April 19th 2021 at 5:30pm or until funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. We will contact you within 7 business days of submitting the pre-application. If you meet the pre-application guidelines we will send you a link to the full application as the spots become available, the pre-application holds your place in line. For questions related to the application process or your pre-application after the 7 business days please contact Christian Rodriguez at CVbusiness@cityofhesperia.us or (626)602-6595
For more information on either program, visit cityofhesperia.us/Economic-Development. For questions on either program, please contact the Economic Development department at (760)947-1909 or email AAntonio@cityofhesperia.us.