Do you want to learn more about your local government? Are you interested in becoming more active in the community? Residents now have the opportunity to do just that, by enrolling in the Hesperia Citizen’s Academy.
This program provides a unique opportunity for residents to learn more about their City. This 8-session series is designed to provide the community with insight into the day-to-day operations of the City, as well as an understanding of more complex city projects. Academy participants will gain a better understanding of the council-manager form of government, as well as the challenges that local governments face.
The Proposed Program Schedule for 2012 is:
- Saturday, August 4; 8:00 am– 3:00 p.m. – Academy Orientation and City Tour
- Thursday, August 9; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Community Relations and Finance
- Thursday, August 16; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Public Works, Streets, Water and Sewer
- Thursday, August 23; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Code Compliance and Animal Control
- Thursday, August 30; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
- Thursday, September 13; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – The Development Process and Economic Development
- Thursday, September 20; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Case Study Night
- Thursday, October 2; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Program Completion, Council Meeting
The Hesperia Citizen’s Academy is offered free of charge to Hesperia residents, 18 years of age or older. Participants are selected on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment for the 2012 Citizen's Academy is open until Thursday, July 19. The Academy application is located here. For more information on this program, please email, or call 760-947-1018