Do you want to learn more about your local government? Are you interested in becoming more active in the community? Residents now have the opportunity to do just that, by enrolling in the Hesperia Citizen’s Academy.
This program provides a unique opportunity for residents to learn more about their City. This 7-session series is designed to provide the community with insight into the day-to-day operations of the City, as well as an understanding of more complex city projects. Academy participants will gain a better understanding of the council-manager form of government, as well as the challenges that local governments face.
The Proposed Program Schedule for 2013 is:
- Saturday, August 3; 8:00 am– 3:00 p.m. – Academy Orientation and City Tour
- Thursday, August 8; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Public Safety & Emergency Preparedness
- Thursday, August 22; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Public Works, Streets, Water and Sewer
- Thursday, August 29; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Community Relations & Finance
- Thursday, September 5; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Code Compliance & Animal Control
- Thursday, September 12; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – The Development Process and Economic Development
- Thursday, September 26; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Case Study Night
- Tuesday, October 1; 6:00 pm– 8:00 p.m. – Program Completion, Council Meeting
The Hesperia Citizen’s Academy is offered free of charge to Hesperia residents, 18 years of age or older. Participants are selected on a first come, first served basis. Enrollment for the 2013 Citizen's Academy is open until Friday, July 19. The Academy application is located here. For more information on this program, please email, or call 760-947-1018