City of Hesperia Privacy and Disclosure Policy
The following information explains the City of Hesperia's policy regarding any information you may supply to us when visiting www.cityofhesperia.us
and affiliated splash pages that are part of the City's official web site and any information that may be provided to the public by the City's official site.
The official City of Hesperia website (www.cityofhesperia.us
) is intended for City of Hesperia business only. It is intended to provide information about the operation of the City, to clarify the function of City departments and services and provide guidance to members of the public who desire/require City services. Information (words, photos and graphics) on the website are intended in every respect to be one-way and informational in nature. The website is not intended to directly or indirectly create a public forum or invite discourse.
Collection of Information
On certain occasions, the public has opportunities to share personal information online with the City in order to facilitate better correspondence and service. This information includes but is not limited to e-mail addresses, responses to surveys, registering for services and new services to be created. The City will not disclose this information to any third party, unless required to do so under federal or state law, including, but not limited to the California Public Records Act
Use of Information
- The City’s goal in collecting personal information online is to provide you, with the most personalized and effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, the City will be in a better position to provide you with improved service. The City will maintain the confidentiality of information it receives online to the same extent it is legally able to do so with respect to information obtained through other means.
- Using email addresses provided at registration or otherwise, users are giving the City permission to periodically send out email newsletters and promotional email to our users about web site updates, and product and service information offered by the City.
- Users may indicate that they do not wish to receive email information from the City. Upon request, the City will remove users (and their information) from the City database or permit them to elect not to receive any further e-mail newsletters or contact.
- Communications made through email and messaging systems shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the City is required by any federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
- One of the City services online is to provide educational information about Hesperia; therefore, children are not restricted from visiting the City site. The City urges children only to give the City any information after getting permission from their parents or guardians. In some cases, there are age limits for certain contests and give-a-ways.
City of Hesperia Disclosure Statement
The City does not warrant:
- That the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- That defects will be promptly corrected.
- That this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- That the City is responsible for the content or the privacy policies of web sites to which it may provide links.
The City’s web servers are maintained to provide public access to City information via the Internet. The City’s web services and the content of its web servers and databases are updated on a continual basis. While the City attempts to keep its web information accurate and timely, the City neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to the quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on this server or any other server. Web materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from the City as a result of updates and corrections. Further, some materials on the City’s web site and related links may be protected by copyright law, therefore, if you have any questions regarding whether you may: a) modify and/or re-use text, images or other web content from a City server, b) distribute the City’s web content, and/or c) "mirror" the City’s information on a non-City server, please contact the City’s Public Information Office.
Security in General
- The City uses reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to the City secure.
- The City web site employs industry-standard methods to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage.